BQSG 2020 Seminar
Blackwell Grange Hotel, Darlington, County Durham 23 – 25 October 2020
This year’s Seminar will be held at The Blackwell Grange Hotel, Darlington, County Durham, DL3 8QH. The hotel is set in parkland on the edge of Darlington, 2 miles from the mainline rail station (5 minutes by taxi), offering complimentary wi-fi, a leisure centre with indoor pool and ample free parking.
FRIDAY STUDY SESSIONS
The study sessions on Friday 23 October are at The Bowes Museum, Barnard Castle, DL12 8NP, 20 miles (30 minutes by car) from the hotel.
Two study sessions have been arranged, at 11am and 2.30pm, both led by Joanna Hashagen, Curator of Textiles. In addition to the study sessions we have the opportunity to make the most of our time at Bowes, visiting its magnificent building and fine collection of European fine and decorative arts, including a fashion and textile gallery. Bowes Museum is fully accessible and has a very pleasant café for teas/ coffee and lunches.
For those who wish to reserve a place, a coach has been booked to leave the hotel on Friday morning at 9.30am, arriving at Bowes Museum in good time for the first study session. In the evening, the coach will leave Bowes at 4.45pm, when we will travel back directly to the hotel. Those travelling independently to Bowes may book to return to the hotel on the evening coach. Please see separate notes on Independent Travel Options.
Regular seminar attendees appreciate that although the seminar location and Friday study sessions are announced early in the year, the development of the seminar programme generally continues until the programme is announced in September. Participants trust the BQSG Research Group to produce an interesting and stimulating range of papers and presentations – and they have not been disappointed. That’s why they attend regularly….
Please book as soon as possible, to avoid disappointment. To meet hotel requirements, I must have received your booking and payment by Monday 7 September 2020.
Seminar Organiser, email@example.com
Independent Travel Options: from Darlington to Bowes Museum From Darlington Rail Station:
1. Walk (10 mins) to Darlington Town Hall (DL1 5QT) bus stop ‘M’ for fast bus (45 mins) to Barnard Castle: X75 or X76, operating at 30-min intervals. Single £8.50/ Concession £6 (as at Sept 2019). Then walk from bus terminus in Barnard Castle to Bowes Museum (15 mins). If wet, there are local taxis available across road from busterminus.
2. Share a taxi from Darlington Rail Station direct to Bowes Museum, quoted cost c.£35 (Sept 2019)–
ideal for 3 or 4 travelling together.
Seminar Cancellation Terms
The following cancellation terms apply to bookings for the Annual Seminar:
1. Seminar attendance costs arenon-refundable.
2. Accommodation/ food/day delegate fees are only refundable if the cancellation is notified to the Seminar Organiser by Monday 31 August2020.
3. Study session fees (incl. booked transport) are only refundable if another participant can be identified for the reserved place (for example, from a waiting list) before the closingdate.
Notes on cheques and payments by BACS
Please note that cheques written with incorrect payee details or those which have been amended in any way – and even initialled – are now automatically rejected by the bank.
The correct payee details, “The Quilters’ Guild of the British Isles – BQSG”, are noted at the bottom of the Seminar Booking Form.
If you wish to pay by BACS, please complete and return the form to the Seminar Organiser who will then provide you (by email) with a unique reference to ensure that your payment is correctly identified.
Booking form here.