Everyone is welcome to join BQSG. Membership brings contact with like-minded people and information to help with your queries and research into historic quilts, quilt trends and social history.
Joining brings you the benefits listed below and your subscription fee also helps to support the publication of Quilt Studies, ongoing research and research training.
- Members and Associates receive two editions of our newsletter Culcita.
- Members and Associates receive a copy of our annual research journal, Quilt Studies, which contains the papers presented at the seminar of the previous year. Institutional Associates also receive one copy of Quilt Studies.
- Members and Associates receive advance notice of the annual seminar.
- Local visits and talks are arranged from time to time in different areas of the British Isles.
- Members are able to visit The Guild library, in York, on the last Friday morning of the month.
Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment at any other time.
- Individual Member (open to all members of The Quilters’ Guild of the British Isles) £15
- Individual Overseas Associate £30 sterling payment, £35 to include currency conversion per annum
- Institutional UK Associate (must be a recognised organisation) £25 per annum
- Institutional Overseas Associate (must be a recognised organisation) £30 sterling payment, £35 to include currency conversion per annum
How to Become a BQSG Member
a Guild member? There are three ways to join BQSG
Online - Click here to join online.
By phone - Call the Guild HQ on 01904 613242 to join over the phone (payment by debit or credit card).
By post - Complete the Application form for existing Guild Members and post to the address on the form.
Guild member? - Click here to go to The Guild membership page
How to Become a BQSG Associate
BQSG Associate is open to individuals living outside the UK and to institutions and educational organisations based in the UK or overseas. Associates are not members of The Quilters’ Guild of the British Isles.
· Associates receive electronic copies of Culcita and hard copies of Quilt Studies
· Associates may attend BQSG Annual Seminar and other BQSG events
· Associates have no voting rights within BQSG and cannot become BQSG committee members
Step 1: Please complete this form Application for Associates.
Step 2: Subscriptions can be paid by credit card, cheque, (drawn on a British bank), or bank transfer.
a. For details of how to pay by bank transfer contact: email@example.com
b. To pay by cheque, please send a copy of the completed form and your cheque, made payable to The Quilters Guild of the British Isles – BQSG, to: Business Manager, The Quilters Guild of the British Isles, St Anthony’s Hall, Peasholme Green, YORK, YO1 7PW. United Kingdom.
c. To pay by credit card, please post a copy of the completed form to: Business Manager, The Quilters Guild of the
British Isles, St Anthony’s Hall, Peasholme Green, YORK, YO1 7PW. United