The British Quilt Study Group carries out and publishes research into all aspects of quiltmaking, historical and contemporary. The group was formed in 1998 with the following aims:
- to encourage interest in historical and contemporary aspects of British patchwork, quilting and appliqué through study and research
- to develop research skills through training, workshops and mentoring schemes
- to publish research in our annual journal, Quilt Studies
- to provide a forum for the exchange of information and ideas through seminars and study days
- to foster links with quilt study groups and academic organisations in other countries.
Members are from the British Isles and overseas and include researchers, quilt lovers, collectors of contemporary and historic quilts, museum curators and textile dealers. All members receive our newsletter and journal, and are welcome to come to our seminars and study days.